The SMA works on behalf of its members to:
- Promote the best interest of manufacturers in Connecticut
- Address problems common to all manufacturers
- Help manufacturers improve productivity
- Assist manufacturers in evaluating new markets for their products
- Stimulate cooperative actions among manufacturers
- Provide access to resources aimed to assisting manufacturers
General Activities and Commitments:
- The SMA conducts a general membership meeting from September through May. In addition to standard business items, a speaker or presentation is conducted.
- Board of Director meetings are held monthly year round.
- The SMA's primary fundraiser is a Golf Tournament held in August of each year.
- The SMA works in conjunction with W.F Kaynor (Waterbury) and Oliver Wolcott (Torrington) Technical Schools on various projects. The SMA recognizes a "Student of the Month" from each school at our general monthly meeting.
- SMA Scholarship is managed by The Connecticut Community Foundation. Annually two $1,000 scholarships are granted to deserving students of SMA member companies.
- The SMA has a collaborative venture for legislative purposes with New Haven Manufacturers Assoc. (NHMA) and METALS. The services of MP Guinan are used for lobbying efforts.